Great day at the market

Anything related to our hobby that is not for the other catigories. and because we're not the tmf anything is allowed here!
tuturabbit

Great day at the market

Post by tuturabbit » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Great day at the market loads of collectors mobbed our stall and we took £29 ! biggest takings since stupid old dennis died !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgodridge
Site Admin

Re: Great day at the market

Post by rgodridge » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:02 am

mobbed!
Was it those jazz records at £5 a go? there'll be an ebay flood from me if so!
I was given a lot of 12 inch 78s last week and only had time to go through them on satterday, a gramophone melbour record was in there, a few pink g&ts, a 12 inch jumbo, some early hmv D numbers, and all for free, it's still out there guys.
btw here's the page that makes it all happen for me
wanted.html

Roger Knowles

Post by Roger Knowles » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:41 pm

I don't understand how anyone can live on just £29 as a retired Civil Servant i have a pension but that doesn't go far and i am very surprised that common Jazz records are worth £5 each they seem much cheaper on Ebay

tuturabbit

Post by tuturabbit » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:06 pm

yeh, we eat roadkill lotta roadkill on the roads of bedford there is so we cook it

i can give you some recipes if your interested mate

rgodridge
Site Admin

Post by rgodridge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:46 am

after thinking aout this, in the market at present I think any jazz record in E or E+ condition could be worth £3, £5 isn't much of a stretch! but it's mindblowing to me, I was picking them up at less than £1 each off ebay from that Gladys lady who has sadly passed on now, that was a good 12 years back, of corse outside ebay they were cheaper too!
Wat are you on about roadkill?

tuturabbit

Post by tuturabbit » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:24 am

Yeh, picking up hedgehogs, cats, squirrels anything really good meat for free ! records are worf a fortune we got £50 for a Patti and £40 for a Melba and £5 for a parlophone swing series with worn parts