a message from professor plum

Anything related to our hobby that is not for the other catigories. and because we're not the tmf anything is allowed here!
rgodridge
Site Admin

a message from professor plum

Post by rgodridge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:44 pm

This message was sent to me today. I'd love to hear your thoughts!
How cute, another new "gramophone forum" destined for failure. Is it even considered failure if it never takes off?

Wounded Pride
Population: 2

Ta...for now.

As you can see, they don't mince words in the society!
This kind of atitude to any kind of change is why I wanted to set up a new, clean, fresh forum. I'm sick and tired of the tmf and aparrently they don't want to see us around either...

Bixfan2017

Re: a message from professor plum

Post by Bixfan2017 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 pm

i don't understand who is this and why are they doing it ? this place is a great idea are they jelous ? i don't see nutjobs like this in the facebook groups
I luv Bix

rgodridge
Site Admin

Post by rgodridge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:16 pm

I think there is a burocratic process where nutjobs like this are reserved specially for a society or for the tmf (wondering if it's the same thing now!)
Who is he is a thing of speculation rite now...

Bixfan2017

Post by Bixfan2017 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:22 pm

I've heard a lot about the tmf on the facebook groups but never joined and i'm glad i didn't if that's how they treat you rob it must be the bloke that runs the tmf or someone on there, they must be jelous of you as i said before your doing well here mate
I luv Bix

rgodridge
Site Admin

Post by rgodridge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 pm

The tmf is actually a good forum, for the american collectors, most of which are perfectly fine and nice, I've enjoyed being on there in the passed, but it's the few that ruin it for the many!

Bixfan2017

Post by Bixfan2017 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:14 am

do you mean the owners who moderate who ruin it ? chucking you off was a bad call , i've read some of it but it mostly seems to be about getting spare parts for cylinder gramophones and stuff and that turns me off i'm afraid but thanks for clearing that up for us great stuff Rob
I luv Bix

rgodridge
Site Admin

Post by rgodridge » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 am

I have nothing at all against the tmf. I bought my 2 and 4 minute reproduction edison reproducers from there and some other cylinder related things. I've got on well with every single one of the american collectors I've spoken to on there, it's just the moderators who are absolutely barking mad.
It's alright though. If I want something that turns up on the sale/trade section there I know how I can get it. I know who'll post for me etc.

Bixfan2017

Post by Bixfan2017 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:28 pm

as long as you are ok about it Rob it says more about you then them i reckon mate
I luv Bix

Bandmaster

Post by Bandmaster » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 pm

I think that's supposed to be worded the other way round in that it says more about them than it does about you. You're right in what you say though.

Unfortunately, the problem with many forums is down to the 'moderation'. It takes a very special type of person to be a good moderator, I think you have to be a bit of a 'people person'. It's always said that moderators have to devote a lot of their free time to their duties, which is true - but you know what they say about people who have too much time on their hands, and also that old saying about what the devil makes for idle hands etc. The thing about good moderation is that it must NEVER be allowed to become personal, and when it does, that's the time when it all starts going down hill.

Bixfan2017

Post by Bixfan2017 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Yeah your right about that but rob is a great guy and nobody should have treated him so bad for just telling the truth like you say it's all down to the moderators they can nip this stuff in the bud before it gets outta hand but who moderates the moderators ?
I luv Bix