Societ​y membership hits a six year high!

Anything related to our hobby that is not for the other catigories. and because we're not the tmf anything is allowed here!
tuturabbit

Post by tuturabbit » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Eh perhaps I should join what do you think ?

http://www.clpgs.org.uk/news.html

rgodridge
Site Admin

Re: Societ​y membership hits a six year high!

Post by rgodridge » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 pm

That's as maybe, but under the phonofair artical we read
Attendance from members was a little disappointing, although those who remembered the treasures they had found last year boosted the numbers of earlybird visitors, which was gratifying to the organisers and traders alike.
Those who remembered the treasures they'd found last year? in previous years I'd have wondered how many that'd be, since most members are probbably having memory loss in their old age, but obviously with the friving new modern membership I can't say that now!
I just hope they get all those discographies on cd rom instead of useless paper editions so that this new modern membership can read them and laugh at the inaccuracies!
I asked a well known discographer if he had a discography of winner records I could use, he said that the old clpgs publication he had was so unreliable as to be useless.

tuturabbit

Post by tuturabbit » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 pm

You should definitely join , they need people like you and you could make a big impact with your skills ,

rgodridge
Site Admin

Post by rgodridge » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 am

I agree, they do! I'm 27 years old. I didn't have to miss a 0 on the end of my age. I'm sure I could get some great stuff for my collection through joining, but bad association spoils useful habits as proverbs says.

Roger Knowles

Post by Roger Knowles » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 am

a Friend joined for one year and lent me the magazines but he and i found more information and more of interest on the internet for free so he didn't renew at the end of the year

rgodridge
Site Admin

Post by rgodridge » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Now that's interesting, and something I hadn't thought of.
What does one get through joining? the ability to attend boring lectures on hmv needle cups through the ages and a mag about moterboards? How much am I exagerating Mic?